Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, August 18, 2014

Decals for the Colorado & Northwestern Railway, Calamity's railroad - Take 2

I have been working on the decals for the C&N off and on for a couple of weeks. The decal paper I ordered has arrived. I have 10 sheets of white and 10 sheets of clear. My intent is to only print on 4x6 pieces so I have some cutting to do and there will be some waste as sheet will only yield 3 pieces of 4x6. However, I think that working on smaller sheets helps me stay focused rather than trying to fill an entire sheet and not really knowing what to put on it. I have stuck to the simpler stuff for the moment; the logos, numbers and letters.

The white backing should make the lighter colors show up better but that requires a background color otherwise I would go crazy trying to cut out individual letters or something ridiculous like that. I have spent a lot of time trying to get a least close to the colors of the freight and passenger cars and I'll let the weathering process blend them together. I did a test run on regular paper and I think the colors are pretty close. I also picked up on a couple of errors laying out the first two sheets, like I left off the RY off the lettering for the passenger cars and I was over optimistic when I thought I could get the car numbers on the same sheet. No problem I have plenty of sheets to work with. I think I'm on the right track though.

The result of a weekend or so of work

Not really going to be able to fit the numbers on this sheet after all

I'm quite pleased with the C&N Logo though.

No comments:

Post a Comment