Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, March 6, 2017

Reaper Miniatures - Shipping Container - Calling it Done

I managed to scrap together a little time over the weekend to work on the shipping container. At this point I'm just going to call it done. There are certainly other things that I could do to it, but I think I need to put it on the finished shelf at this point.

I tightened up some of the graffiti and added BONES to the other end spot. That proved to be a lot harder than I thought it would be since it stretched across the doors and latches. Not to mention that the Reaper Spring Green that I used doesn't have very good coverage and I was trying to use it over something a little on the dark side.

I did a quick going over everything with the pan pastels, to bring back a little rust, add some dirt and give some edges a little highlighting. 

I can't hardly stand to look at it any more you will find the finished product in all its glory after a few more step by step pictures.

Fixed some of the black edging that as missing

Pretty much left this side alone at this point

The beginning of the BONES graffiti

Going with a lighter edging, Reaper Spring Green (MSP)

Tried to fill in the white. After this was dried I applied a pin wash along the latches and hinges.

The pan pastels, which I apply with both the sponge brush (on the bottom) and a regular brush. Its just like applying pigments but definitely less messy.








2 comments:

  1. I think this container is really great, and obviously a nice tribute to Reaper! The dog turned out really well, which is particularly good because it was not all that clear at the start.

    Now you just need to make it into a little diorama with a running kid and a yelling watchman. (or if it is a rail yard, maybe pursuing with a baton)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dog took longer than I wanted and turned out much better than I expected. I had to basically completely redo it once. I have considered putting it on a diorama, maybe with a couple of ladders and a lot of little empty spray cans on the ground too.

      Delete