Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, May 18, 2017

World War II Project - Buildings - Photo Realism Concept X

Some more time on the Dormer House 2 from Charlie Foxtrot Models. I pretty much finished off the roofs and chimneys during this part of the build. Nothing to exciting at this point. I'm definitely looking forward to getting down to the final finishing details on this one.

Overall I'm pleased with the progress and the look of the photo stone texture.

Working on the Chimneys. These still need their final little details.


Here is what I don't like about the CFM kits. There is a single tab on the roof instead of two which makes it difficult to get things to line up properly.

Strips of shingles, I did this for the extension on the back.

Since the roofs have a pattern etched in its easy to keep everything lined up.


I decided to not use the single strips on the main roof and instead opted fora single sheet cut to fit. I can't really tell the difference.


I decided to cut out the areas where the dormers are supposed to go. It took a little more effort but wasn't terribly difficult.


And the building with the roofs in place. I"m not happy with the fit of the main roof and i had a couple of shingle rears when I trimmed the back roof. You can see bare spots where I cut the corner pieces to fit to the angle of the roofs.



Looking pretty good I think. A little final work and it will be ready for the table.



No comments:

Post a Comment